Wednesday 14 March 2012

Arrival at Taoyuan Airport~

After sitting in a Economy Class seat for 5 hours with a slight cold parceled in, I was in much discomfort  during my flight to Taoyuan Airport, Taiwan. Despite these negatives, I pitied the other passengers who were trapped near me on this flight, with a sniffling, coughing pink-eyed Singaporean infecting their flight.

My family of four and I took a SQ flight to Taiwan, and fortunately the seats were comfortable enough, and the food served was good, probably even better compared to the food served on other airlines I have taken. The crew was professional and efficient, making my flight a little more bearable. 

                                         
There were lots of countryside and low-rised buildings -- something I did not expect -- as we descended into Taoyuan Airport. The terminal was aging, but still clearly serviceable. A immigration officer says nothing as he stamps my passport and I am officially in Taiwan!

Tiny soupy Xiao Long Bao
Fried rice we ordered at Ding Tai Feng
My father brought my family and I to have a meal at Ding Tai Feng for dinner, before we took a taxi to our hotel. Xiao Long Bao ("tiny buns"), is what Ding Tai Feng is famous for. Although back in Singapore, we have Ding Tai Feng restaurants, my parents thought that the food served here would be better as it is made by true Chinese! We ordered many dishes, including Xiao Long Bao, fried rice, Dan Dan Mian (spicy noodles), spicy dumplings and fish dumplings. The Xiao Long Bao was certainly tiny, but the restaurant served quite a few of them in one serving. 

After the delicious meal, my father flagged down a taxi and it took my family and I to Just Sleep hotel, where we spent two nights there.

The room my brother and I shared 
My parent's room

We were given a warm reception when we arrived at Just Sleep, and we were given the keys to the hotel rooms. The hotel staff even accompanied us to our hotel rooms and helped us with our luggage. The rooms even though there was excellent service, there was a downside to this hotel. The rooms were tiny and in the room that I shared with my brother, there were two single beds. This left little walking space in the room, and my brother and I had to put our suitcases on our beds in order to have enough space to get to the bathroom and back. Other than this, my family and I had a fitful night's sleep in Just Sleep hotel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment