Sunday 18 March 2012

Last Day In Amazing Taiwan~

The second and last day my family and I were in Taiwan, we spent it free and easy. As Mr and Mrs Huang had recommended us to, we rented bicycles from a nearby shop and cycled around Hua Lien leisurely, experiencing local life and tasting local food.

It drizzled slightly while we were cycling, so we stopped at a restaurant to have lunch. As always, the food was great, just like the other meals had been. This shop was called Wen Zhou Da Hun Tun, and its specialty was their dumplings, which were generously stuffed with pork and different kinds of vegetables.

After the meal, the rain had stopped and the four of us --my parents, my brother and I -- cycled back to the family home to pack up. We quickly packed, and we checked-out of Mei Li Chen Xi family home. Mr Huang even personally sent us off to the railway station! We took the four o'clock train back to Taipei. We then took our flight back to Singapore~

Apparently we ate quite well throughout our trip in Taiwan, eating our fill each meal and being served delicious food each time. Transport-wise was also rather efficient, though we could not really figure out how to take the public bus and always ended up taking a taxi. The MRT was very efficient though, and so was the train to Hua Lien.

On the whole, I really enjoyed my trip to Taiwan and would want to come back here. Our trip here was rather short, so we did not get to see many attractions that Taipei and Hua Lien has, such as the Taipei 101. I heard that the view from the top is really breathtaking, and I would really want to see it for myself one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment